Medium to Large object 3D scanning!
The Mantis Vision F5 hand-held 3D scanner thrives on complex environments and has been used for many applications as noted below but the possibilities are endless.
- Marine applications: windows, engine rooms, piping etc,
- Forensic and Law Enforcement: accident scanning, and scene measurement
- Architecture and Construction Engineering: Stairwells, facade, renovations, concrete castings
- Oil and Gas: complex piping, equipment, turbines
- Art: statues, textures, sculptures, clay
- Automotive: cars, trucks, van interiors, bumpers, retrofits, accessories
- Film and Movies: props, people, cars, vehicles, etc.
- Aviation: cockpit scanning, fuselage parts.
- Orthopedics – scanning human body parts, prosthetics.
- Industrial plants – machine documentation.
The accuracy and point density of the unit varies by how long you collect data and how far or how large the field of view is. For example
Accuracy of a single scan is up to 0.05mm at a distance of 0.5m from the object which relates to a field of view if 340mm x 410mm (Max Field of view is 3100mm x 3630mm @ a few mm accuracy)
Volumetric Accuracy of an item scanned is 0.5mm over 1000mm
Data Collection is 500,000 points per second the more you scan the denser the cloud will be.
The scanner is ideal for parts that can not be moved to a new location to be scanned, or are fused to a structure the data collected can be used to Reverse Engineer the parts, make duplicate parts, or inspection of large parts. If you need a STL, or CAD file no problem!
Visit our website for more information http://www.3dreveng.com/mantis-f5-handheld-scanner/
3DRevEng offers state-of-the-art high quality 3D Laser Scanning and Reverse Engineering Services since 2009 we are Located in Vancouver BC Canada.